Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thank you Skip

We have a digital camera in our center which used mostly for documentation our work . Frankly , I was photographing without using the right technical way , I was using flash all
the time .But all that have been changed when I received an invitation by Quaker Palestine youth program to
participate in a workshop in basic photography On 18 of May .

I took my camera and went to the workshop in which I met Skip Schiel _ An American photographer who taught us about camera principles . I have still remembered his words about steps to making a photo—notice, think, try, and try again .. He wrote on the board three main principles that we have to follow while taking a photo —follow the light, choose the position and time, design the photo … After that all of we moved to take photos and I took many photos and also he shown us photos taking by him in several positions ……. After this workshop I can call myself as I have an experience in photography, but not a photographer yet . Now when there is any activity in our center , they prefer me to take photos .
SkipI have to thank u about that and also to certificate that u are one of people who supports Palestinians in their struggle ,because Palestinians not only have to fight Israeli occupation
, they also have to take good photos to show the world our suffering and also our skills and abilities …

Skip …. You don't give us camera's , you do better than that as this proverb " you can serve the people by giving them fish, but we perform a greater service when we teach them how to fish .
Skip …. We are very pride of American like you and please tell u people that we love American like you who believes in justice , human rights, dignity and equally between all kinds of people .

** You can see more about him on his homepage
http://teeksaphoto.org/

5 comments:

DesertPeace said...

Looking forward to seeing some great photos by you soon. All the best!

I love Munich said...

That was VERY NICE of you - a fantastic "laudatio"!
It shows there are GOOD people out there ... people who really care!
I second "desertpeace" ... I'm looking forward to see the pictures!! :)

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!

Chet said...

I am very happy to see an American doing some good for you. Sorry I haven't commented earlier, been having troubles with blogger.

Living Away said...

Ramadan Mubarak Adham!!!

Anonymous said...

禮服店 ,酒店小姐 ,酒店經紀 ,酒店兼差,酒店打工, 酒店上班,酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL 台北酒店經紀人 ,酒店經紀 酒店兼差PRETTY GIRL酒店公關 酒店小姐 彩色爆米花酒店兼職,酒店工作 彩色爆米花禮服店, 酒店上班,酒店工作 PRETTY GIRL酒店喝酒酒店上班 彩色爆米花台北酒店酒店小姐 PRETTY GIRL酒店上班酒店打工PRETTY GIRL酒店打工酒店經紀 彩色爆米花酒店兼差,酒店,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,經紀公司,經紀公司,經紀公司,經紀公司,經紀公司,經紀公司,童裝批發,童裝GAP,酒店經紀,酒店,